Franchising Opportunity, Own a Garage Door Depot® Business
The mission of The Garage Door Depot® is to put in place an international Garage Door Franchise network made up of individuals who want to make the garage door industry a rewarding and meaningful career. This network will be the first of its kind in the industry. Our corporate goal and vision is to have a Garage Door Depot® partner in hundreds of locations throughout North America.
The franchise network will be comprised of both conversion and start-up franchisees. There is a huge opportunity for both in all markets as we grow across Canada and into other markets.
In the spring /summer of 2010 we will start a very aggressive and comprehensive marketing campaign as well as a public relations campaign in order to bring on, over the next four to five years, approximately 40 franchises in locations across Canada. At the same time our goal is to enter the US market in 2012 and into other countries shortly after.
As we penetrate various regions and markets, The Garage Door Depot® will enter into various forms of joint promotion with affiliated construction companies and form working alliances with them. Our goal like theirs will be to drive business to the front door.
"The garage door is the new front door!"
What You Can Expect as a Franchisee
We are adopting a rapid but controlled growth strategy to ensure the quality and consistency of our program and provide a strong support base for our franchisees.
As a franchisee, you will receive:
- The use of the Garage Door Depot® name, trademarks and reputation
- A comprehensive initial training program
- A complete set of manuals, which includes pre-opening manual, policy and procedures/operations manual, checklists, agreements, and forms
- A listing of your franchise territory on our corporate website
- Ongoing support
- Garage Door Depot® will provide the vehicle wrap and decals
What We Look For in a Franchisee
We strongly believe that the success of our franchisees is based on our franchisee-selection process and your desire to succeed. We consider that one of the most important attributes is your commitment to listen and learn and make constant improvements in the way you operate your franchised business. In choosing franchisees, preference will be given to applicants who:
- Appreciate the benefits of working on a team and within a proven system of operation
- Are disciplined self-starters with a high level of personal integrity and have the desire to build and maintain long-term client relationships
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Are familiar with and involved in the community where the business is located
- Will actively work in and manage the business
- Have the funds to invest in the business, as well as the financial ability to survive the start-up phase while drawing only a nominal salary
- Have the ability to get started within 120 days
The Mutual Investigation Process
We have developed a “Mutual Investigation Process” which allows both parties to exchange information in a sequential manner and proceed at their own pace. During this process you will be asked to provide adequate information for us to evaluate your potential as a Garage Door Depot® franchisee. At the same time, you will be receiving sufficient information from us about the franchise opportunity that will allow you to decide if you wish to move forward at each stage of the application process.
Step 1. The Initial Enquiry
The first step is to thoroughly read the information above. If you are still interested in pursuing a Garage Door Depot® franchise, you should complete and submit the Initial On-line Enquiry Form located at the end of this section.
You will receive an introductory email with more information, and a phone call to:
- Explain the total level of investment and minimum cash requirement
- Determine your preferred territory
- Discuss your time frame to opening
Step 2. Franchise Application
After we have a conversation to determine that you meet our criteria, you will be invited to complete our Confidential Personal History Report and forward it to our Corporate Office for our review.
Step 3. Discovery Day
If you are qualified, you will move forward in our evaluation process and be invited to a Discovery Day at our corporate office in Coquitlam, B.C. This will give you the opportunity to meet with our senior management team, give you a better sense of whether our franchise opportunity is a good fit for you, and have all your remaining questions answered.
This Mutual Investigation Process has been designed to assist the franchise applicant in determining if a Garage Door Depot® franchise meets their requirements. The profile contains all of the necessary introductory information to help you in assessing a Garage Door Depot® franchise; however, it does not contain any detailed financial information. Once an application has been submitted, and an applicant has passed the initial qualifying process, more detailed information will be released.
Frequently Asked Questions